Current Affairs – General Knowledge
CAT Score is just the first step, GD/WAT Essay/PI is the next one ! so get prepared to build general awareness well in advance. This section plays a significant role in the final selection of the students. In personal interviews the candidate needs to show his/her well rounded personality. This is not something one can pick up in the 2 month gap between the written exam and interviews. The candidate has to change his orientation and start working on the analysis of the current events.
Make sure that you make it a point to read at least one good newspaper, a weekly current affairs magazine and one business magazine regularly. Also understand that most publications from the same media house would be slightly biased in some respect. A variety of views from different media houses would strengthen your knowledge of the subject and help you especially in the GD/WAT Essay.
Recommended Business Magazines for CAT/MBA Aspirants
- Business Line by The Hindu Group
- Business Today by India Today Group
- Management Compass Career Launcher
- Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
- Competition Success Review
- Management Insight
Recommended Newspapers for CAT/MBA Aspirants
- The Hindu
- Economics Times
- The Statesman
- The Times of India
Online Reading Speed
- CAT is an online exam; and so one needs to be very comfortable in an online environment, viz. Students need to be comfortable reading text on computer monitors and be able grasp the question quickly. Of course higher reading speeds directly help in scoring high in VA – RC section too!
Recommended websites for online reading
Apart from it one good year book would be very handy in preparation.