May 9, 2015 By
Source : http://keydifferences.com/difference-between-leadership-and-management.html
Key Differences Between Leadership and Management
The major difference between leadership and management are as under:
- Leadership is a virtue of leading people through encouraging them. Management is a process of managing the activities of the organisation.
- Leadership requires trust of followers on his leader. Unlike Management, which needs control of manager over its subordinates.
- Leadership is a skill of influencing others while Management is the quality of the ruling.
- Leadership demands foresightedness of leader, but Management has a short range vision.
- In leadership, principles and guidelines are established, whereas, in the case of management, policies and procedures are implemented.
- Leadership is Proactive. Conversely, management is reactive in nature.
- Leadership brings change. On the other hand, Management brings stability.