- Retail inflation for industrial workers eased to a two year low of 6.73 percent in February due to softening of prices of food items.
- Suzlon Group has retained its 5th place among global wind turbine makers in 2013.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries will fully acquire troubled Ranbaxy Laboratories, in an all-stock transaction with a total equity value of- USD 3.2 billion.
- India’s steel consumption grew by just 0.6% in 2013-14 fiscal, its lowest in four years, to 73.93 million tonnes (MT), mainly impacted by a slower expansion of the domestic.
- According to IMF India’s growth is expected to recover from 5.4 percent in 2013 to 4.4 percent in 2014.
- In which of the following states Green technology solutions firm ACME has bagged a contract for constructing the national games village? – Kerala
- The World Bank projected an economic growth rate of 5.7 percent in fiscal year 2015 for India on the back of a more competitive exchange rate and many large investments going forward.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Software industry body for the year 2014-15? R.Chandrasekaran
- India’s exports grew by 3.98 percent to USD 312.35 billion in FY 2013-14 while imports dipped by 8.11 percent during the period.
- Who has been recently honoured by Queen Elizabeth with a GBE (Knight Grand Cross), one the UK’s highest civilian awards?- Ratan Tata
- Global rating agency Fitch pegged India’s growth at 5.5 percent in the current fiscal.
- MGNREGA has provided an average of 40-50 days of employment per year to about 25 percent of all rural households making it the largest public works program in India’s history.
- With a target to add 88,000 MW of capacity addition during the 12th Plan, the Ministry of Power is initiating several measures in the sector.
- The Sixth China-India Financial Dialogue was held in Beijing.
- India has been assisting Mozambique in its developmental efforts and has provided Lines of Credit of USD 640 million for various projects.
- Who among the following has been appointed as chairperson of State Bank of India (SBI)? Arundhati Bhattacharya
- Which is the venue for the 9th World Trade Organisation Ministerial Conference?- Bali