- The gross direct tax collection has risen only by 13.18 percent during the April-November period of 2013-14 fiscal.
- William D Dar has been conferred with the prestigious “Excellence in Agricultural Leadership Award”. Who is he? Agricultural Scientist.
- Coal India Limited has identified 126 new projects to take up during the12th Plan period with an estimated capacity of 438.04MT.
- During the financial year 2011-12, NALCO has achieved sales turnover of Rs.6927 crore, including the export earnings of Rs. 2569 crore.
- Which Company is generally known as Salt-to-software conglomerate? –Tata Group
- The Union Cabinet approved exemption to exporters having IEC Code issued by DGFT from the purview of stock holding limits under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the proposal to undertake scientific deep drilling in the Koyna intra-plate seismic zone, in Maharashtra.
- With 8.6 million tonnes of fish production, India is the second largest producer of fish in the world.
- India’s garment exports would be touching 06 US $ billion in the next 3 years, with the help of Government support.
- NTPC will add another 14,000 MW to its total capacity by the end of 2016-17.
- The Railways have generated Rs.51188.72 crore of revenue earnings from commodity-wise freight traffic during 1st April to 30th October 2013.
- Indian Railways have carried 593.25 million tonnes of revenue earning freight traffic from 1st April to 31st October 2013.
- On November 19, 2013 IFC issued the first tranche of US $161 million under its USD 1 billion Global Rupee Bond Program. –
- The Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) achieved yet another record turnover of Rs. 1407 crore during 2012-13.
- India’s potential growth rate is 8 percent and above.
- India will became the third largest economy by the year 2030.
- Which is the largest steel producing company of the world? –Arcelor Mittal.